Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lets Meet Soke Cheek

This week I want to take a break from our previous discussion and introduce you to the Founder and head of Jukoshin Jiu-jitsu Ryu and the World Elite Black Belt Society (WEBBS), Soke Bryan Cheek.

I have had the privilege of attending many seminars of his over the last few years, including two at my jiu-jitsu club.

Here are a few videos from his last seminar at our club.


You can see the quality and the skill of Soke Cheek. When you watch him you can SEE how skillful he is but when you are is uki (training partner) and the technique is being done to you, you KNOW how good his technique really is.

Above and beyond his skills on the mat or as an instructor, he’s simply a great person. In 2013 I and two of my students (both newly minted 1st Dans) attended the WEBBS world Congress in Lisbon Portugal. 

My two students stopped at London England first to visit and train with Soke Cheek. While many organizations allow out of town students to sleep in the dojo, did this happen here? NO, Soke Cheek invited them to stay at his house!

In how many organizations do you think newly minted first Dan students would be staying at the house of the founder or head of that system? I can assure you not many. 

You can feel this comradely and desire to help and foster meaningful relationships throughout Jukoshin and WEBBS.

From time to time I will be showing you videos from the masters of our style and seminars at our club or that I attend.


Enjoy the videos and we will get back to our discussions on techniques next week!


Cheers,


Jamie Rickard (Sensei)
Head Instructor
Koketsu Kai - Tiger's Den Jiu-jitsu and Grappling

No comments:

Post a Comment