Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Turn them and tap them!

This week I want to look at a purely sport grappling technique. This technique is from a position that I typically do not teach and do not believe in for sport or self-defence. I do understand that this does happen in sport grappling so I do show my students a few ways of breaking is down. What position am I talking about, we it's the turtle position.

I'm a big believer that you should never be face down with your opponent behind you. Yes I know in sport you don't have to worry about somebody punching you in the back of the head but it simply feels wrong to me for either sport of self-defence.

But having disclosed my dislike of the position I know other will use it and here is a nice way to break down the turtle position and immediately get into a dominate controlling position as well as in position to tap them.




As always is you are looking for more great videos or to learn the wonderful art of jiu-jitsu please check out our web site at www.learn-jiu-jitsu-online.com. There you will our distance education program so you can learn jiu-jitsu anywhere at your own pace.

If you would like to repost this blog article or the videos with in you may do so but must include the following credit "The above information / video has been provide by Koketsu Kai - Tiger's Den Jiu-jitsu and Grappling and is used with their permission, www.tigersdenjiu-jitsu.comwww.learn-jiu-jitsu-online.com"

Cheers,

Jamie Rickard (Sensei)
Head Instructor
Koketsu Kai - Tiger's Den Jiu-jitsu and Grappling

Located at:
The Academy of Martial Arts
851 Princess Street
Kingston, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment